- - Each athlete, from U15AA to U18AAA completes SCAT6 and ImPACT baseline concussion testing
- - Each athlete from U13AA completes the Child SCAT6
- - Team Athletic Therapists are responsible for removing an athlete from play and completing concussion testing when a concussion is suspected
- - The athlete is referred to a Sport Medicine Doctor for diagnosis and when appropriate, for the return to play clearance. List of Sport Medicine Doctors can be found under the Athletic Therapist tab
- The team Athletic Therapist will refer the athlete to Laura Redgate, for ImPACT testing.
Laura will also put the athlete through the concussion return to play protocol, at Max Bell, once the athlete is symptom free for 24 hours, up to the stage where the athlete has completed a non contact practice. At that point the athlete is required to obtain a clearance letter from a Sport Medicine Doctor prior to contact practice
*If an athlete has been cleared by their surgeon, doctor, sport medicine doctor, or other healthcare provider and the athlete is presenting with signs and symptoms that are not consistent with safe return to play, the Athletic Therapist has the responsibility and the right to remove the athlete from play. The Athletic Therapist will do so after a comprehensive assessment and will treat and/or refer for further assessment and treatment.
Below is contact information for the Sport Medicine Clinics that CNHA is working with this season. One of these are to be contacted when a concussion has been suspected by their Athletic Therapist.
Acute Sport Concussion Clinic
*If calling for appointment please indicate you are with Calgary Northstars*
YMCA at Rocky Ridge
Unit #180-11300 Rocky Ridge Rd NW
MNP Community & Sports Centre
2225 Macleod Trail SE
Innovative Sport Medicine Centre
110-6707 Elbow Dr. SW
Group 23 Sports Medicine
147 Canada Olympic Road SW
Located at WinSport
Link for injuries